Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Believe

Well, let me begin by saying that I don't consider myself to be the smartest person in the world. But, in my defense, I have "stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" a time or two and that makes me an expert in certain matters (:-)) Of course, I can't take all of the credit. Here's just a few of the things that over my last 33 years that my mother used to say to me that I now believe in. Hope you like it. If your mom was anything like mine, then you will probably will be able to identify as well.

I BELIEVE......
1. That if you watch too much T.V. it really will rot your brains out
2. That if you don't stop picking at it, it really will never heal
3. If you fall and break your neck, then don't come running to me about it
4. That I was told once and a thousand times!!!!
5. That I do own my own place now mom and I don't see you running around here, jumping on the couch, drawing on the walls, and leaving all of the lights on like you said you were going to.
6. That I was born in a hospital and what has that got to do with a barn?
7. That the time has come for me to cash in on the old saying "you be nice to your little brother because one day he is gonna grow up and be bigger than you" (remember holding me down and torturing me with tickling saying SING THE ALPHABET!!!!) don't worry I love ya sis
8. That you did bring me into this world and can still take me out of it but now your too tired and smart to make another one just like me (haahaaaaaaa)
9. That you really were doing it for my own good
10. I have arrived into the next week that you knocked me into :-)))
11. That we never did "turn the car around RIGHT NOW!"
12. That I now am growing one of those "money trees" and that my kids love it too
13. That I was both seen and heard
14. That I have not lost my head in a long time because I attached it to my shoulders

AND FINALLY.....I BELIEVE......
15. That the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.:-))

Well there you have it. My beliefs.....Let me know what you were taught growing up???

Blessings from the waywardsoncamehome

5 comments:

  1. I came via your mom's blog. What a great post!!! I smiled as I read it because I've both heard and said most of those things myself. As the Word says, "Nothing new under the sun.". Welcome to blogland. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...you gettin pretty good at this bloggin stuff...love ya, mom

    ps; the apples don't fall far from the tree and unfortunantly neither do the nuts! LOL...wait...is there such a thing as a nut tree????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right Susan, "nothing new under the sun". The Lord really has seen and heard it all. I can't wait till we get to Heaven and the Lord tell's us about some of the things that has made Him chuckle throughout the ages. What a time. Thanks for checkin out my blog, it's a work in progress. I got a good bit of time on my hands because of a recent surgery and I enjoy writing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you might get a kick out of it. I catch myself saying some of the very things that ya'll use to say to us. Love You

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! I just happened to find your blog, and totally enjoyed it, the whole thing! I'm 'the mother' you described, and we said the exact same things you listed. Now our kids are laughing as they say them too! I sent this one on to our kids, all grown and with their own kids. Hope you keep posting! The you tube clip was awesome!
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete